Friday, October 18, 2013

Healthy Choco bites

Hi,

Weekend is here finally, so I decided to share something that is an instant mood-lifter- a chocolate dessert. You can treat yourself to this delicious delicacy and share it with others (if you feel like sharing such a treat). I know that you want to relax on weekends and this recipe gets ready without much ado and takes hardly 15 minutes.

I read the recipe yesterday on the fitness blog Missfit and was tempted to try it today itself. The results were so delectable that I HAD to share it with you guys.

This chocolate dessert has the enjoyment of the dark choco and nuts but comes without the baggage of high calories. These bites have no added sugar. Take a look at the ingredients list-
 

·         ½ cup almonds

·         2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

·         2 tbsp dessicated coconut powder

·         10-15 raisins

·         3 de-seeded dates

·         One drop vanilla

·         A pinch of salt
 
 
 
 
 

Walnuts can be added if you like; I opened the box then closed it as I was skeptical of their somewhat bitter aftertaste. Next time walnuts are going in it.

Method- No cooking needed……..yay!! Just take all the ingredients in a grinder and……grind them!! Hehe :D
 

The mixture turns out little coarse and just perfectly sticky. Take desired amount in your palm and make balls. I made ½’ balls and the quantity was 10. I rolled a few of the balls or laddoos in coconut powder for some variation in flavour.

I couldn’t wait to eat them and popped two right away. These choco balls have  just the right blend of bitter-sweet flavour and I must say- No one can eat just one!!

The almonds without the outer shell are devoid of nutrients. I always buy high quality almonds that come with hard outer shell. It is a task to crack them but we do it in an entertaining way- sit on floor, keep cracking the almonds and keep chatting with each other. One kg is done real fast and we get to talk a lot..

For details about the nutritional-value of these choco-pops, you can check Missfit

Do try them and share your experience.
 

2 comments:

  1. wow..looks yummy ...

    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/10/mac-candy-yum-yum-review-and-swatches.html

    ReplyDelete